Monday, August 8, 2011

Saying Yes to the Dress

How did I find that dress I have been dreaming of my whole life? Well let me tell you, it wasnt easy! We went to many different stores all over Utah and I only had one day to find it cause my husband and I were only down for the weekend. I was so excited!! I had waited so long to try them on and I had to hold myself back from all those years of wanting to try one on for fun. I always loved going into bridal stores for fun and looking at them all and watching the brides-to-be try on dresses. I think I tried close to 50 dresses. It was great being there with my little sister Emilee and my mom. The first store I went to I found one I liked but it would need to be altered because it was a little tight up top, but it was already over my budget and I didnt fully feel like a bride in it. Then as I went to other stores none of them could compare to that dress. As time went on I got grumpy from still not being able to find my dress. Then we went to one last store. One I had been to before but really didnt believe I could find one there. They ended up having I dress I had been looking at for years but it was over 1,000 dollars and that wasnt even close to my budget. Then I tried on another dress I had looked at for years too and I loved it. I felt a lot more like a bride then I did in all the other dresses I had tried on. Another thing was I was looking for an all lace dress, very vintage. Then the lady at the store started pulling more dress that fit my budget but they didnt fit what was on my list. Then I saw one she pulled that was beaded at the top no lace but had roses on it and I really wanted that also, so I decided to try it on just to see what it looked like. When I came out in it I liked it but it didnt hit me how much a loved it until my mom, who had been looking at dresses, turned the corner and right away started crying. Just what I wanted. My mom told me it was 100% me. It also looked a lot like belle, my favorite princess since I was little. It was nothing like what I was thinking of, I wanted a line or mermaid, it was a ball gown. I wanted lace, it had no lace. But it had the buttons down the back, the right amount of beading, beautiful train, roses, and the fabric was beautiful!! Another thing, it fit be like a glove, I didnt need any altering and the lady that helped me with my dress told me I was 1 in 100 girls that she sees that happen too. So everyone, when trying on bridal dress, be open to everything, you dress may not be what you where thinking like mine was.

No comments:

Post a Comment